Walking Directions from the Aquaduct to Universidad Valladolid
This is an easy walk uphill after you pass the aquaduct. Here are some more directions, just in case you get confused.
- Walk through uphill from the aquaduct and past the EuroStar Hotel
- You will see several glass enclosed parking structures on the right that look like subway stations. Keep walking.
- You will see a park on the left.
- You will see the wall to your right and further right, you will see a wall of arches.
- In about 10 minutes, you will see the sidewalk narrow with short iron gates on the righthand side. You have choices here:
- You can proceed on the same street on either the righthand or lefthand side. The righthand side narrows, but you can get through on the main road. Or, you can take a slight right and the follow the wall, parallel to the main road here.
- You will come to an intersection shortly with a stoplight and a playground across the street and a sign that says “Hotel Sar.” There is a newsstand “El Adelantado de Segovia” on the RH corner.
- Turn right at the newsstand and you will be to the campus in less than 10 minutes.
- Walk past “Bar Yakarta” on your right. You will see new construction on the Valladolid campus on your right and an empty lot on the left. Keep walking toward the roundabout at the next street.
When you get to the roundabout, take the ramp into the Maria Sambrano Bldg. on the Valladolid campus. This is our venue. Come in and you will sign into the conference in the main hall.
Travel from Madrid to Segovia:
Regular high-speed train and buses connect the Spanish capital Madrid with the city of Segovia, located around 90 kilometers to the north-west. The train offers travellers shorter journey times, although bus routes arrive at a more central location in Segovia, at walking distance to most hotels. The quickest train journeys on the AVE network take around 30 minutes, while the bus makes the trip from Madrid in an hour.
Buses from Madrid to Segovia (https://lasepulvedana.es/)
La Sepulvedana offers frequent direct buses Madrid-Segovia. Daily services begin with an early morning bus and there are roughly 2 departures an hour until the final late-night departure. Journey times range from an hour (direct)to an hour and 30 minutes (with some stops). The Moncloa bus interchange in Madrid is located on the western side of the city center, about 10 minutes walk from Plaza De Espana. It is served by two Metro lines. Buses arrive at the central Segovia bus station, close to the Aqueduct, just south of the old town.
Trains from Madrid to Segovia (AVE network)
RENFE Spain’s national rail operator, provides direct high-speed AVE, Alvia and Avant trains Madrid-Segovia. Trains depart from Madrid Chamartin station, located to the north of the city center, with 2 Metro connections and a stop on the RER local rail network. Trains arrive at the Segovia-Guiomar AVE station, located 6 kilometers from the city center, but connected by the regular number 11 shuttle bus. The AVE train journey takes around 30 minutes.
Viajar de Madrid a Segovia
Además del trayecto en automóvil, existen dos formas básicas para viajar de Madrid a Segovia y viceversa:
– En autobús ((https://lasepulvedana.es/
– En tren de alta velocidad (AVE)
Los autobuses son más frecuentes (cada media hora aproximadamente) con más baratos y llegan al centro de la ciudad. Los que vienen directos, sin hacer paradas, tardan unos 65 minutos de hacer el recorrido.
Los trenes tardan unos 30 minutos. Desde la estación hay autobuses al centro de la ciudad que tardan 10 minutos.